Two hundred gallon fuel leak causes fire at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

A small fire broke out inside Thomas Jefferson University Hospital near 10th and Chestnut streets this morning.

Executive Fire Chief Richard Davison said that a generator in the basement leaked 200 gallons of diesel fuel around 6:30 a.m., prompting the blaze. It was extinguished by the hospital’s sprinkler system and placed under control by the Fire Department shortly before 8:20 a.m.

Davison said that there were no injuries or evacuations prompted by the fire.