Two killed in Port Richmond shooting

South Street shooting

Two people were found dead inside a car Tuesday afternoon following a shooting in Port Richmond, police said.

Officers who responded to the scene at around 1:15 p.m. on the 2700 block of Huntingdon Street discovered a man and a woman, who were described as between 25 and 30 years old. Both had been shot once in the head, according to authorities.

No one was arrested immediately after the incident, and police did not release further information.

Earlier in the day, at around 12:30 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in both legs on the 500 block of W. York Street in North Philadelphia, authorities said. He was transported to Temple University Hospital in stable condition. 

At least seven people were injured in shootings Monday night into Tuesday morning, including a man who was shot three times in the face in West Philadelphia.

Police said the victim, whose age was not revealed, was rushed to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in critical condition following the shooting, which occurred at around 8 p.m. Monday on the 1200 block of N. 52nd Street.

Officers chased a man believed to be the shooter to the 5100 block of Girard Avenue. There, he forced his way into a property, setting off a 20-minute standoff, investigators said.

The man was apprehended, and no one else was injured. Authorities did not release further information about the suspect.

A 44-year-old man was taken to Einstein Medical Center early Tuesday morning after being shot in the left leg at around 1:45 a.m. on the 500 block of W. Olney Avenue in Olney, police said. His injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.

In Southwest Philadelphia, a 31-year-old man was shot in the left foot just after 1 a.m. Tuesday on the 5600 block of Gibson Drive. He was transported to Penn Presbyterian, where he was later listed in stable condition, authorities said.

Two men were wounded when gunfire erupted just before 11:45 p.m. Monday on the 3000 block of N. Water Street in Kensington.

Police said a man in his 40s sustained wounds to both legs and his right arm, and the other victim, a 39-year-old man, was struck in the right leg. Both men are expected to physically recover.

Officers rushed a man to Temple University Hospital after he was shot multiple times at around 8:15 p.m. Monday on the 400 block of W. Indiana Avenue in the Fairhill neighborhood. He was in critical condition, authorities said.

At around the same time, in an unrelated incident, a 24-year-old man was shot in the right leg on the 3900 block of Aspen Street in the Mantua section of West Philadelphia. He was in stable condition following the shooting.

Earlier in the day, just before 5 p.m., a 31-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man were injured after shots were fired inside a house on the 200 block of Delphine Street in Olney, authorities said.

The woman was shot once in the neck, and the male victim was hit in the left forearm. Both are expected to survive, according to police.

Investigators recovered a gun at the scene, but no one was apprehended in the immediate aftermath of the incident.

A 25-year-old man is recovering at Temple University Hospital after being shot once in the left leg just before 2:30 p.m. Monday on the 600 block of E. Wensley Street in Kensington, police said.