Man shot 32 times, killed in Kensington

Police car
Jack Tomczuk

A murder suspect ran into a house, forcing a standoff with police, after a man was shot more than two dozen times Tuesday morning in Kensington, police said.

The victim, described as a man in his 20s, was shot 32 times at around 10 a.m. near the corner of Water Street and Indiana Avenue, according to investigators. He died at Temple University Hospital a short time later.

A person believed to be a suspect in the killing was spotted running into a nearby house, and authorities declared a barricade situation. SWAT officers cleared the property, but the suspect was not there, police said.

Elsewhere, six people were wounded in shootings Wednesday night into Thursday.

Officers were called to the 4600 block of Frankford Avenue in Frankford at around 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, and they found two men inside a corner store who had recently been shot.

A 34-year-old man was struck in the buttocks, and the other victim, a 20-year-old man, was hit in the right ankle, authorities said. Both were taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.

Early Tuesday morning, just before 12:45 a.m., a 29-year-old man was shot three times — in the chest, abdomen and pelvis — on the 5800 block of Morris Street in Germantown, police said. He was listed in critical condition at Einstein Medical Center.

In South Philadelphia, a 35-year-old man was shot in the nose just before 11:30 p.m. Monday on the 2600 block of Jackson Street.

Authorities said he was on his way to a police station when he flagged down officers, who took him to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.

Two 15-year-old boys were struck when gunfire erupted just before 7:15 p.m. Monday on the 1100 block of W. Lehigh Avenue in North Philadelphia, investigators said.

One of the boys was shot four times in the head and twice in the thigh. He was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.

The other teenager was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. He is expected to survive.

Police did not report any arrests in connection with the shootings.