Shootings leave 1 dead, 8 injured across Philadelphia


At least one person was killed and eight others were wounded in separate shootings Saturday and Sunday across Philadelphia.

Police said a 22-year-old man died after he was shot multiple times just after 9:15 p.m. Saturday on the 1300 block of Arrott Street in Frankford.

Officers recovered a gun at the scene, but no arrests were made in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, investigators said. The victim has not been publicly identified.

On Sunday, at around 6 a.m., someone shot a 24-year-old man several times on the 900 block of W. Ontario Street in North Philadelphia, authorities said. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.

In South Philadelphia, a 31-year-old man was shot once in his right thigh at around 6:30 p.m. Saturday on the 1800 block of S. 30th Street, according to police. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

Two men were wounded when gunfire erupted just after 11 a.m. Saturday inside the kitchen of a home on the 800 block of W. Tioga Street in North Philadelphia, investigators said.

A 23-year-old man was shot in the head and rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition, authorities said. The other victim, a 31-year-old man, was struck in his forearm and is expected to physically recover, according to police.

Authorities said a 44-year-old woman was shot once in her stomach just after 3:15 a.m. Saturday inside a home on the 6300 block of Jackson Street in Tacony. Her injuries are not considered life-threatening.

Earlier, at around 1:45 a.m. Saturday, someone shot a 30-year-old man in his leg inside a house on the 6100 block of Musgrave Street in East Germantown, police said. He was later listed in stable condition at Einstein Medical Center.

A 42-year-old man was shot multiple times in both of his legs just before 1:30 a.m. Saturday at the corner of 51st Street and Haverford Avenue in West Philadelphia, investigators said. He was hospitalized with nonlife-threatening injuries.

In Kensington, shots were fired at around 1 a.m. Saturday at Kensington and Allegheny avenues, leaving a 28-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his right hand, according to police. He is expected to physically recover.

No one was arrested in the immediate aftermath of any of the shootings.