Six shot, four dead in weekend violence around Philly

Officers kill bulldog that bit kids in West Philly
Metro file photo

It was a bloody weekend in Philadelphia.

Police reported five shootings, four murders and one non-fatal.

RELATED:Homeless man on the run after killing shelter worker

As Metro previously reported, a homeless man murdered an employee at his former shelter and wounded another early Sunday.

Prior to that, three died in four separate shootings within a span of a few hours on Saturday.

At 4:39 p.m.,police responded to reports of gunshots and a man down on the road on the1700 block of W. Edgley St., nearTemple University campus.

Police said they found a 25-year-old male lying unconscious in a lot with “multiple gunshot wounds to his head.”

RELATED:Arrest in Thanksgiving Day murder of Port Richmond man

Temple police responded to the scene and brought the victim to Temple University Hospital in critical condition, where was taken into surgery. At 7:43 p.m. he was pronounced dead.

The suspects were described as “possibly” being three black males in their late teens to early 20s, wearing all black clothing, last seen running south on 18th Street.

A Temple police officer confirmed no one affiliated with Temple University was involved in the shooting.

At 6:20 p.m. police were called to the 100 block of Rockland Street in Feltonville and found a 27-year-old male lying on the road with gunshot wounds to the head, right leg and both shoulders. The victim was pronounced dead 10 minutes later. No arrests were reported and no description of a suspect was provided.

At 6:25 p.m. in West Philly, police responded to calls of a person with a gun and found a 21-year-old male lying face down on the ground on the 5800 block of Delancey Street with a gun shot wound to the back of the head.

Officers brought the victim in their patrol vehicle to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. The victim was taken into surgery and listed in critical condition. No arrests were reported.

At 10 p.m., an apparent home invasion on the 4600 block of Penn Streetin Frankford ended in a homicide.

The offender “kicked open the front of the victim’s apartment and shot him twice (once in the chest and once in the right leg),” the police report states.

The offender fled outside and “became involved in a struggle with the witness, who was standing on the front porch,” police said.”During the struggle, the offender dropped his firearm and his cell phone, and fled the area on foot.”

The victim, a 41-year-old male, was pronounced dead at 10:40 p.m. at Temple Hospital, police said.

No arrests were reported.