Teen reported missing before shooting death

Philadelphia Police Car – PHILADELPHIA – PENNSYLVANIA – APRIL 6, 2017
Getty Images

Family and friends had been searching for an 18-year-old man whose body was discovered Monday in a West Philadelphia vacant lot.

Kevin “Moodah” Davis, who lived in Frankford, was reported missing by his mother Thursday, according to police.

A passerby came across Davis at around 1:45 p.m. Monday on the 4200 block of Fairmount Avenue in Powelton. Davis had two gunshot wounds to his chest, and medical personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.

No arrests have been made, police said.

Davis’s family started a GoFundMe to pay for his funeral, scheduled for Thursday, and it surpassed its goal within about 12 hours. More than $6,600 had been raised as of Tuesday afternoon.

Kevin Davis, who lived in Frankford, was found on the 4200 block of Fairmount Avenue with two gunshot wounds to his chest. GoFundMe

In other crime news, authorities said a 21-year-old man was shot in the chest and abdomen just before 2:30 p.m. Tuesday inside a property on the 1600 block of E. Lycoming Street in Juniata.

He was taken in a private vehicle to Jefferson Frankford Hospital, where he was in stable condition, according to police.

Just after 11 p.m. Monday, officers responding to a report of a shooting found a 52-year-old man with gunshot wounds to his face and leg lying in a driveway on the 3200 block of W. Allegheny Avenue in North Philadelphia.

There was no word on his condition.

Surgeons had to extract a bullet from the neck of a man who was shot at around 10 p.m. Monday on the 1300 block of W. Lycoming Street in Hunting Park. Authorities said Tuesday morning that he was in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.

In Kingsessing, a 26-year-old man was shot once in the right shoulder at around 7:15 p.m. Monday near the corner of 56th and Litchfield streets, police said. He was later listed in stable condition at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.

A couple hours earlier, just before 5:30 p.m., a 22-year-old man was shot three times several blocks away on the 1100 block of S. 53rd Street, also in Kingsessing.

Police said the man was taken to the hospital with wounds to his left arm and right hand. His injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.

Investigators believe a Monday afternoon drug deal in Kensington ended with a man getting shot multiple times in both legs.

The shooting happened just after 3 p.m. on the 600 block of E. Clementine Street. The 37-year-old victim was transported to Temple University Hospital in stable condition. He is expected to face drug charges when released.