Weekend shootings leave 12 wounded

PHOTO: Jack Tomczuk

At least a dozen people were injured in separate shootings Friday night through Sunday in Philadelphia, authorities said.

A 21-year-old man was shot once in the abdomen and twice in the leg at around 3:30 p.m. Sunday on the 1500 block of E. Gowen Avenue in East Mount Airy. Police said he was taken to Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.

Just after 11:30 a.m. Sunday, a 66-year-old man was shot inside a corner store on the 1800 block of Wakeling Street in East Frankford, according to police.

He is in stable condition and receiving treatment at Jefferson Torresdale Hospital for a wound to his upper left leg.

Investigators said an intruder was shot after breaking into a house early Sunday in Kensington.

The incident occurred just before 3 a.m. on the 3100 block of Arbor Street. The suspect, a 32-year-old man, attacked two women after gaining entry to the property. One of the women opened fire, hitting the man in the leg.

Officers took him to Temple University Hospital, where he was in critical condition. He was placed under arrest and is expected to face charges.

In East Germantown, a 44-year-old man was shot in the neck and upper back at around 7:45 p.m. Saturday on the 5600 block of Boyer Street.

He was rushed to Einstein Medical Center and is expected to physically recover, authorities said.

Just 10 minutes earlier, a 29-year-old man was grazed by a bullet on the 900 block of W. Spencer Avenue in the Fern Rock neighborhood, police said. He was hit in the back, and his injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.

A 34-year-old man was shot multiple times in the left leg at 5 a.m. Saturday inside a property on the 2000 block of Conlyn Street in East Germantown, according to authorities.

Officers took him to Einstein, and he was listed in critical condition.

Police said a 21-year-old man showed up at Cooper University Hospital in Camden after being shot once in the left foot on the 4900 block of Germantown Avenue in Germantown. His injuries were not life-threatening.

On Friday, at around 10:30 p.m., a 47-year-old man was shot twice on the 2400 block of 77th Avenue in East Mount Airy, authorities said. He was later listed in stable condition at Einstein.

About an hour earlier, in a separate incident, a man walked into Penn Presbyterian Medical Center with two gunshot wounds to his left thigh and one to his left index finger, police said.

His injuries are not expected to be life-threatening, and investigators did not immediately know where the shooting took place.

A 32-year-old man was shot twice in the stomach just before 10 p.m. Friday on the 1800 block of E. Tioga Street in the Harrowgate neighborhood. He was taken to Jefferson Frankford Hospital in “critical but stable” condition, police said.

Just after 7:30 p.m. Friday, a 13-year-old boy was shot three times near the corner of 24th and Master streets in North Philadelphia.

He was rushed to Temple University Hospital with wounds to his right shoulder and left arm. Police said the boy is expected to be charged with firearms violations.

Also in North Philadelphia, a 29-year-old man was shot once in the right arm at around 6:45 p.m. Friday on the 2900 block of N. 23rd Street. He was being treated for nonlife-threatening injuries at Temple.

No one, aside from the Kensington intruder, has been apprehended in connection with any of the shootings.