Weekend shootings leave 8 injured

South Street shooting

At least eight people were wounded in shootings Saturday and Sunday in Philadelphia, authorities said.

On Sunday, just after 2:30 p.m., a 25-year-old man was shot five times inside a store on the 1700 block of N. Newkirk Street in Brewerytown, police said.

He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.

Officers rushed a 41-year-old man to the hospital after he was shot twice in the right thigh just after 2 p.m. Sunday on the 5200 block of Pulaski Avenue in Germantown, police said. He is expected to survive.

In Mayfair, a man, described by investigators as around 25-years-old, was shot just after 2:45 a.m. Sunday inside a gas station on the 6300 block of Frankford Avenue.

Police took him to Jefferson Torresdale Hospital, where he is being treated for serious injuries, authorities said.

A 33-year-old man was stabbed twice in the back of the head just before 11:15 p.m. Saturday inside a house on the 1900 block of Page Street in North Philadelphia, according to police.

He was listed in stable condition, and investigators said he was not cooperating with detectives.

Two people were injured, including a teenager, when someone opened fire at around 5 p.m. Saturday on the 5800 block of Pentridge Street in Southwest Philadelphia, authorities said.

The teen, a 17-year-old boy, was shot in the chest and stomach and transported to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in critical condition.

Police said a 67-year-old man was shot twice in the head and once in the neck. He is also in critical condition.

A 37-year-old man drove himself to Einstein Medical Center after he was shot in the leg at around 2:45 p.m. Saturday nearby in the area of Broad Street and Olney Avenue, authorities said. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.

In Nicetown, a 19-year-old man was shot six times just before 12:30 p.m. Saturday on the 4500 block of N. 15th Street. He was taken to Einstein Medical Center in critical condition, according to police.

Early Saturday morning, at around 2:15 a.m., a 20-year-old man walked into Nazareth Hospital in Northeast Philadelphia with a gunshot wound to his left hand.

Investigators were not able to immediately locate the scene of the shooting. The victim is expected to physically recover.

Police reported no arrests in connection with any of the weekend’s shootings.