Philly shootings leave 3 dead, several injured

FDR Park death
Metro file

Two men were killed Sunday night, and another man was fatally shot in broad daylight Monday in Philadelphia, authorities said.

Police said a 31-year-old man was shot several times throughout his body at around noon Monday on the 2800 block of S. 80th Street in the Eastwick section of Southwest Philadelphia. He died minutes later at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.

Officers arrested a person at the scene and recovered a gun, but investigators did not release further details.

On Sunday, at around 9 p.m., someone shot a 34-year-old man multiple times in the back on the 5400 block of Walnut Street in West Philadelphia, police said. He died a short time later.

Medical personnel pronounced a 65-year-old man dead just before 7:30 p.m. Sunday after finding him inside a property on the 3700 block of N. Bouvier Street in the Tioga neighborhood of North Philadelphia.

The victim had a gunshot wound to his head, according to authorities.

Police have not reported any arrests in connection with Sunday night’s homicides.

Elsewhere, a 16-year-old boy was expected to physically recover after he was shot seven times just before 9:45 a.m. Monday on the 600 block of S. 61st Street in West Philadelphia, investigators said.

Officers took the teenager to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, where he was later listed in stable condition.

A 60-year-old man was shot in the left thigh during an attempted carjacking at around 4:45 a.m. Monday on the 3800 block of Jasper Street in Juniata, police said.

He was transported to Temple University Hospital and is expected to recover. No one was immediately arrested in relation to the shooting.

Just after 4 a.m. Monday, a man in his late 20s or early 30s was shot in the stomach and buttocks on the 5000 block of Saul Street in Frankford, authorities said. He was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.

In Olney, a 41-year-old man was shot once in the left calf at around 2:15 a.m. Monday on the 5000 block of N. 5th Street, police said. His injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.
Authorities said a 17-year-old boy was hospitalized after shots were fired just before 6:45 p.m. Sunday on the 4100 block of Frankford Avenue in Frankford.

The teen was taken to Temple University Hospital with wounds to his right thigh. He is expected to physically recover, according to police.