PHOTOS: Hoverboard ignites in South Jersey home while charging

It’s this Christmas season’s hottest gift — literally.

A hoverboard toy ignited Sundayin an Ocean County home in New Jersey while it was charging, causing a blaze that left part of a room scorched.

Firefighters fromLanoka Harbor, New Jersey in Ocean County posted pictures of the fire on their Facebook page Sunday night.

RELATED:Hoverboards ‘exploding’ in popularity in Eagles’ locker room

“Be careful when charging up Hoverboards,” the fire department posted on their Facebook page. “We responded to call today due to a hoverboard catching fire. Do not leave them unattended. Monitor them while charging… Register them for warranties andcheck for manufacturer recalls.”

RELATED:VIDEO: Guy on hoverboard wearing Aladdin costume just won Halloween

The family the hoverboard belonged to was at home when the fire ignited, the fire department said.It burned a hole right through the carpet.

The fire is under investigation by the Ocean County Fire Marshall’s office.