Two killed early on Monday morning

PHOTO: Jack Tomczuk

Two men were killed early Monday morning, following a weekend where 31 people were shot in Philadelphia.

Police said a 30-year-old man was shot once in his right armpit at around 2:45 a.m. Monday on the 800 block of E. Madison Street in Kensington. He arrived at Temple University Hospital in a private vehicle and died about 15 minutes later, authorities said.

Earlier in the morning, at around 1:15 a.m., officers were called to the 700 block of W. Girard Avenue in North Philadelphia, where they found a 19-year-old man inside a car with a gunshot wound to the chest. Authorities said he died at Temple Hospital at 2 a.m.

No suspects were apprehended in connection with the killings.

Two men were hospitalized after being shot in broad daylight later Monday.

At around 11:30 a.m., a 26-year-old was struck in the left knee near Old York Road and Hunting Park Avenue in Hunting Park. He is in stable condition, police said.

Then, just after 1:15 p.m., in Southwest Philadelphia, a 29-year-old man was shot in the right arm, right calf and left thigh on the 1500 block of S. 58th Street, authorities said. His injuries were not life-threatening.

Three men were struck by gunfire on Chelten Avenue in two separate incidents at around the same time Sunday night, investigators said.

A 19-year-old man was hit in the right leg and a 16-year-old boy was shot in the left forearm when shots rang out at around 9:45 p.m. on the 1100 block of Chelten Avenue in Fern Rock, according to police.

Several minutes later, a 20-year-old man was shot in the hip on the 2000 block of Chelten Avenue in East Germantown.

Authorities have not said whether the shootings could be related. All three victims were in stable condition.

Officers rushed three people to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center after a shooting at around 8 p.m. Sunday outside at a Philadelphia Housing Authority development in South Philadelphia.

It occurred on the 2700 block of Winton Terrace in the Wilson Park Apartments. A 19-year-old suffered four gunshot wounds to his left leg, and a 20-year-old was shot once in the back. The third victim, a 20-year-old man, was grazed in the ear.

No one suffered life-threatening injuries, authorities said.

A man, described by police as in his mid-20s, was in critical condition Sunday night after being shot in the neck and shoulder at around 8 p.m. on the 4300 block of Chestnut Street in West Philadelphia.

No arrests were reported in any of the shootings.

Boy, 4, seriously injured in hit-and-run

A 4-year-old boy is in critical condition at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children after he was hit by a car while buying ice cream with his dad from a truck in Tacony. The driver fled the scene, police said.

Authorities said the vehicle hit the boy while going around the ice cream truck at around 9:15 p.m. on the 6600 block of Keystone Street. The father carried his son to a nearby fire station, and he was rushed to the hospital.

Detectives continue to try to track down surveillance video of the crash. Police said the suspect was driving a silver-colored vehicle.